5 Quotes to Live by from Successful Women
Author: Hannah Henry
Published: Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019
While March may be coming to an end, Women’s History Month is still on our mind.
Here are our top 5 quotes from highly successful women to live by throughout the rest of 2019!
- “There’s never going to be a precisely right moment to speak, share an idea, or take a chance. Just take the moment—don’t let thoughts like ‘I don’t feel like I’m ready’ get in the way.”
– Kathleen Tierney, President at Berkley One
- “I’ve seen plenty of powerful women squander a chance at power simply because they waited for someone else to give them permission to have power. There is no permission slip — you just have to BE powerful.”
- Shonda Rhimes, Founder Shondaland
- “Competence is essential—master your subject matter. You should also have the ability to communicate clearly and adjust your communication for the individual or group you’re attempting to reach. And initiative. Voracious curiosity, learning quickly, and listening well—to what is being said and sometimes, more importantly, to what isn’t being said.”
– Donna Frosco, President of the New York State Women’s Bar Association
- “Just do it. Dream it and do it. Learn how and when to say no and delegate. Enjoy what you are doing, and make sure you are having fun. And don’t be afraid to bring new ideas forward, but be respectful of people.”
– Barbara Cerf, Corporate Vice President of Women’s Market at New York Life from 2006 to 2014
- "I know many women just like me who have high-stress jobs that include lots of travel. I have always found it important to take time for yourself to relax and stay fit. My favorite stress reliever is to take a long, brisk morning walk through the neighborhood with my dog, Pablo. It's enjoyable and a good workout."
– Ellen Alemany, Chairwoman and CEO of CIT Group and Chairwoman, CEO and President of CIT Bank at CIT
Select a button below to see how you or your organization can get involved with Junior Achievement of Central Virginia.Donate Volunteer Request A Program